You can find more details below.
Following the Council of Ministers of February 17, 2022, it was revoked the requirement to present at check-in an EU COVID Digital Certificate or Valid vaccination or recovery certificate issued by a third country or evidence of a negative test result, including self-tests.
On the other hand, the use of a mask in the interior spaces of the hotel remains mandatory.
This information does not exempt you from consulting the measures in force HERE
AT OUR HOTEL ESTABLISHMENT
Signage and Information
- Ensure that clients are aware of and will have access to this Internal Protocol relative to Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak by requesting the Covid-19 dossier at the Hotel Reception Desk or by consulting the hotel's website at Tryp Porto Expo.
- Information on how to comply with the basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak is made available internally to the Staff by the designated Team as defined in the contingency plan and same can be obtained by going to the Reception desk or by dialling 229 990 000 and requesting support from either the Coordinator (Hotel General Manager or whoever replaces him) or from the Reception Manager (Head of Reception or whoever replaces him).
Cleaning and Sanitation Plan
- Washing and disinfection, in accordance with the internal protocol, of all surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
- The frequent cleaning (several times per day) of surfaces and objects of common use (including counters, worktops, electrical light switches, elevator buttons, door and cabinet handles).
- Preference should be given to wet cleaning over dry cleaning and the use of a vacuum cleaner.
- Air renewal and ventilation of rooms and closed spaces is done regularly.
- Reinforcement of sanitation of all utensils, equipment and surfaces in Restaurants and Bar areas, avoiding the direct handling of food by both customers and employees as much as possible.
- Perform thorough cleaning and disinfection of tables and tabletops between each client's use in the Restaurant / Cafeteria / Bar areas.
- Ensure the bucket and mop used to clean floors are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at the end of each use. This cleaning equipment must be segregated and visually distinctive to the different areas of use.
- Washing of the floors must be carried out using hot water and everyday detergent, thereafter duly disinfected, using disinfection solution. It is recommended that the cleaning frequency be done at least twice a day.
- In the sanitary/bathroom facilities, washing must be carried out, preferably, using products containing both detergent as well as disinfectant, ensuring a more effective disinfection. It is recommended that the frequency of cleaning the floors of the sanitary/bathroom facilities be carried out at least 3 times per day.
- Cleaning of public spaces and high touch areas including those where children are at play, must be undertaken several times a day.
Adequacy of designated Area for Isolation Purposes
- The location of the Isolation areas designated for people with suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection are rooms 203 and 207. These rooms should preferably have natural ventilation, or a mechanical ventilation system, smooth and washable coverings/linings, a bathroom, supply of cleaning materials, surgical masks, disposable gloves, thermometer, self-contained waste container, waste bags, collection bags for used clothing, kit with water and some non-perishable food items.
Adequacy of Accommodation Units
- The Procedure of specific care for the changing of bed linen and cleaning of rooms requires the favouring of two spaced intervention times and with adequate protection, according to the Internal protocol.
- Removing bed linen and towels without shaking items and by rolling them inwards, without touching the body, placed in specific closed and duly identified bags and handed over to the laundry service provider.
- The laundry service provider must produce a certified declaration/warranty committing to the washing of bed linen and towels separately at temperatures around 60ºC; a copy of same declaration may be obtained at the Hotel’s Reception Desk.
- After client checkout, the pillows are replaced by others, properly cleaned and sanitized and not re-used within 72 hours.
- The TV remotes are protected in a plastic wrapping and properly disinfected after the client has checked out. The air conditioning control and phone units are disinfected after the client has checked out.
- Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near all entry / exit points, and whenever applicable by floor, at the entrance to the restaurants, bars, common areas as well as sanitary/bathroom facilities.
- Liquid soap for hand washing and paper towels must be provided in all sanitary/bathroom facilities.
All Employees received specific information and training as follows:
- On the internal Protocol relative to the outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the following procedures:
- Hand hygiene: frequently washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or the use of hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all the hand surfaces and rubbing them dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: coughing or sneezing into flexed forearm or the use of tissue paper, which should then be immediately thrown away; hand sanitation always after coughing or sneezing and after blowing nose; avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with hands.
- Social Conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between employees and between employees and customers, avoiding (wherever possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings, food sharing, utensils, glasses and towels.
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever temperature, check for cough or difficulty in breathing.
- How to comply with the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health for the cleaning of surfaces and the treatment of linen and clothing in establishments.
Equipment – Personal /Individual Protection Equipment
- Sufficient PPE for all employees (depending on their role: mask, gloves,visor, gown or apron, cap, shoe covers).
- The washing of employees' uniforms is placed in separate sealed bags, washed separately by the laundry service provider at high temperatures (around 60ºC), according to the service provider's declaration, which can be requested at the Hotel’s Reception Desk.
Designation of the Employees Responsible
- There is a hotel employee responsible for triggering the procedures in case of a suspected infection that will accompany the person with symptoms to the isolation area, provide all the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service. Should you need to contact the person responsible for the service of compliance of all the applicable rules and regulations in the prevention/action and/or warning of a suspected case of infection, please call at the Hotel’s Reception Desk or contact us by phone 229 990 000.
- Employees carry out daily self-monitoring to assess fever temperature, cough or difficulty in breathing.
- Behaviours to be adopted by the staff:
- Implementation measures to ensure physical distancing between employees and customers and avoidance of physical contact, including handshakes.
- Neither entering nor leaving the hotel establishment using their uniforms.
- Keep long hair tied back.
- The excessive use of personal accessories (earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings, etc.) is not advisable.
- A damp mat with sanitizer used to clean the soles of shoes will be provided at the Staff entrance and shall be well managed and changed regularly.
- Staggered meal breaks and schedules to avoid accumulated encounters in staff canteen areas.
- Cleaning staff professionals should be familiar with the products and chemicals to be used (detergents anddisinfectants), the respective handling precautions to be taken of same, the dilution and application of these products under safe conditions, how to protect themselves during the cleaning procedures and how to ensure good ventilation during cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Stock of Cleaning and Sanitation Materials
- Supply of cleaning and sanitation materials for single use proportional to the size of the hotel property, including single-use cleaning wipes moistened with disinfectant and alcohol at70º.
- Dispensers or refills of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution.
- Waste container with non-manual opening and lined with plastic bag.
- Equipment or refills of liquid soap for hand washing and supply of paper towels.
Shifts and Work Schedules
- Definition of service work schedules and / or shifts with a reduction in the amount of simultaneous number of employees; the creation of teams may allow for greater control of all the safety and sanitation rulesand regulations.
- Definition of rules / phasing of all the cleaning duties of the accommodation units.